Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Saturday the boys all got to play outside. Even Hunter had a good time with me, Jasen, and cousins Joe and Mikey having a snowball fight. Then we went in and while the older kids made gingerbread houses, Hunter played with an air cannon:
Jasen's finished house:
Saturday night was present time! Everyone gathered in the living room adn we all exchanged gifts. The boys got some K'nex sets, which they are super excited to open. And they all got Green Bay socks, which they were especially excited about!
We headed home early this afternoon. It was a nice trip, I really enjoy getting together with all the cousins that we don't see very often. And I had a blast playing cards with Mikey, Joe, Kelly, Andy, Nathan and Cahl! I can't wait for next Christmas.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
2. Real tree or artificial? Back to real. We had an artificial for the last few years while renting, but now that we own our own home we cut down a real tree. (I was a little sad to see the big, fluffy, beautifully lit fake one go...)
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Beginning of January
5. Do you like Egg Nog? YES! Oh sweet Egg Nog! Cahl, myself and all three boys go through several gallons of Egg Nog at the end of every year.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Um, I think most people know I didn't grow up with Christmas, however I did get a cute baby 2 years ago! (and some awesome diamond earrings about 5 years ago!)
7. Hardest person to buy for? Jasen for sure
8. Easiest person to buy for? Tristan
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail newsletters
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I will be opening it this week, but I will not say what it is
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The Grinch, the old-school cartoon one
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? After Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cinnamon rolls Christmas morning, and to drink- see #5
16. Lights on the tree? Um, yes. Who doesn't? I prefer white, but this year we have both white and colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Does The Hanukkah Song count? Or Grandma got run over by a reindeer?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? It depends, we are either home or at the cabin. Usually both places
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, I do believe so
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I don't know. I like most of it
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I would prefer to do a theme, but my kids have so many hand-made ornaments and ones that they have picked out. It looks a little haphazard, but it's theirs so...
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? don't have a favorite
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Slippers, perfume, some movies. Nothing too fancy.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tristan has A's in every subject except reading, which he is rapidly improving. He has really been working on his reading, and I can see he is making progress. He teacher is so impressed with him. He is excelling in every other subject, but she is especially amazed at his knowledge of money. He is so good with money and math in general. She says he is her "right hand man," and I agree. Every teacher he has ever had has said the same thing, he is a big helper.
Jasen is also doing really well. His teacher said he is excelling in every area, especially in reading and writing. She is very impressed with his reading and writing. So he is also doing really well, and we are so proud of both boys.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
We had a little family party for Hunter. Here he is getting ready to blow out the candles:
And almost burning off his nosehairs:
Then time for presents! Thanks so much to everyone for all the great gifts. He loves them all!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Jasen, in the white shoes
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Apparently this is a George Washington dollar coin. I didn't even know we had those, and they are already in my kid's homework? Wow, for some reason I feel really old right now. Or maybe it is a sign of my age coming through, and I am too young to know (or care) about coins I do not use. This is about as awesome as the Sacajawea dollar coin that came out a few years back. What a waste of time and effort that was. So, has anyone actually seen one of the coins, and did anyone even knew they existed?
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Cahl and I also both finished up our school semesters. So it will be nice to have a break from thinking for about a month! And I was able to sell ALL of my old books back to the college bookstore! I am stoked about that. Usually the won't take very many, due to overstock or moving on to newer versions. But this time I lucked out and got rid of every single one. Yay!
So that's about all we've been up to the last week. Nothing too exciting, but still... it's nice when things get finished.