Hunter's Ed
Tristan, Jasen and I all took Hunter's Education this week. Here in Nevada, for hunter's ed, you have to complete a workbook before going to 7 hours of class, followed by a test. I am proud to say that both of the boys did their workbooks (mostly) themselves, and were also responsible for themselves during the class. In order to pass, you have to score 80 on a scorecard, which scores your safety and handling, and score 80 on the test. I scored 96 on the test, and I am not sure about my scorecard, but I passed. Tristan scored 80 on his test and 82 on his scorecard, and he also passed. Jasen scored 80 on his scorecard and 78 on his test. Apparently, if you score between 70-80 on your test the instructors can judge and either pass or fail you. They failed Jasen. They thought he was to young and a little too small for their comfort. But they never told him his scores. So Cahl went down to the office the next day to see Jasen's scores and find out what he needed to work on. After talking with the head instructor, the instructor decided to pass Jasen, since Jasen's scores were high and he will only be hunting with adults till he is 12 anyway. So in the end, all 3 of us passed Hunter's Ed, and I don't think Cahl could be more proud or excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment