While Cahl busted his butt in the bathroom, I also worked on getting the "nursery" (baby's corner of our bedroom) done. We had bought a crib several months ago, and it ended up being part of the big recall from earlier this year. But we have since gotten all new replacement panels and hardware, and it is a brand new crib! I also set out to make my own bedding set for the baby, after not being able to find exactly what I was looking for. We bought all the fabric and batting, and sewed a brand new set. I made a bumper set and blanket. It was my first big sewing project ever, and it turned out perfect! Of course, there are a few spots where I messed up, but they are only noticeable to me since I know where they are! I am super proud of it, and it feels good to know that I did it myself. The colors are light green with little retro ballerinas, and light pink with white polka dots. I wanted a little shelf to decorate with and put shoes on and other small things, and Cahl found this one at the thrift store, and it's perfect for her. Exactly what I wanted. I also got the little "dream" sign at Ross, and I love it because it is pink and green. I got the ceramic ballet shoes off ebay, and I love them. I was originally trying to find soft, stuffed shoes, but I decided on these because they are vintage and it ties in well with the bedding fabric. So her spot is done, and I feel really good about it!
Still Here
So I realize I haven't posted very much in the last month, but not to worry, we're still here. We've just been very busy. This year, we decided to renovate our master bathroom with our tax refund. So we started that project in early February. Doing all the work completely ourselves (mostly Cahl!!), it is now almost completely done. The only things left are ordering and installing the shower glass, and finishing the trim work. Pictures to come when it is completely finished!
While Cahl busted his butt in the bathroom, I also worked on getting the "nursery" (baby's corner of our bedroom) done. We had bought a crib several months ago, and it ended up being part of the big recall from earlier this year. But we have since gotten all new replacement panels and hardware, and it is a brand new crib! I also set out to make my own bedding set for the baby, after not being able to find exactly what I was looking for. We bought all the fabric and batting, and sewed a brand new set. I made a bumper set and blanket. It was my first big sewing project ever, and it turned out perfect! Of course, there are a few spots where I messed up, but they are only noticeable to me since I know where they are! I am super proud of it, and it feels good to know that I did it myself. The colors are light green with little retro ballerinas, and light pink with white polka dots. I wanted a little shelf to decorate with and put shoes on and other small things, and Cahl found this one at the thrift store, and it's perfect for her. Exactly what I wanted. I also got the little "dream" sign at Ross, and I love it because it is pink and green. I got the ceramic ballet shoes off ebay, and I love them. I was originally trying to find soft, stuffed shoes, but I decided on these because they are vintage and it ties in well with the bedding fabric. So her spot is done, and I feel really good about it!


While Cahl busted his butt in the bathroom, I also worked on getting the "nursery" (baby's corner of our bedroom) done. We had bought a crib several months ago, and it ended up being part of the big recall from earlier this year. But we have since gotten all new replacement panels and hardware, and it is a brand new crib! I also set out to make my own bedding set for the baby, after not being able to find exactly what I was looking for. We bought all the fabric and batting, and sewed a brand new set. I made a bumper set and blanket. It was my first big sewing project ever, and it turned out perfect! Of course, there are a few spots where I messed up, but they are only noticeable to me since I know where they are! I am super proud of it, and it feels good to know that I did it myself. The colors are light green with little retro ballerinas, and light pink with white polka dots. I wanted a little shelf to decorate with and put shoes on and other small things, and Cahl found this one at the thrift store, and it's perfect for her. Exactly what I wanted. I also got the little "dream" sign at Ross, and I love it because it is pink and green. I got the ceramic ballet shoes off ebay, and I love them. I was originally trying to find soft, stuffed shoes, but I decided on these because they are vintage and it ties in well with the bedding fabric. So her spot is done, and I feel really good about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
so excited for you and your little girl!!!
Post a Comment