Happy Birthday

Our little Jasen James turns 8 today! I can't believe it's been 8 years. So much has happened in the last 8 years, that sometimes it feels like so much longer. Last night, while we were sitting at dinner, Cahl said "I remember exactly what I was doing 8 years ago today. I was walking your mom around a field trying to get you to come out!" And it's true! Jasen waited an extra 2 1/2 weeks to finally make his entrance to the world, but I won't hold it against him. He is so much fun to have around, and I am honored to be his mama.



The top 8 things we love about Jasen:

* His smarts. Jasen is so smart, and he is not shy about letting us know it!

* His smile. When he thinks something is extra funny, his whole face crinkles into the cutest smile.

* His heart. Jasen has a big heart, and he'll do anything to help anyone.

* His love of sports. Jasen loves to play football, and he loves to play just about anything. He might not be the best athlete ever, but he always gives it everything he's got and he never quits.

* His artsy-ness. Jasen is constantly drawing and coloring. He loves art and is really good at it.

* His stories. Jasen is also constantly writing stories, and making books. He loves to read and write.

* His dedication. No matter what he puts his mind to, Jasen always follows through 100%.

* His love of family. Jasen loves every single family member so much, no matter who they are, and he shows it every day.

No comments: