Football Game ~ Jasen

Last weekend was Jasen's first football game of the season. This season he is on the Cardinals, and he is number 82. He had missed quite a bit of practice between going to Salmon and Oregon, so I didn't really think he'd get a lot of play time. But I was pleasantly surprised to see that he was starting defense, and played almost the entire game. His team won their first game, 22-0. He did really well, and I'm proud of him. He's about the shortest kid on the team, but he doesn't let that stop him from getting into piles. In fact, his pinkie finger got stepped on, and also smashed during a fumble recovery. It swelled up pretty good and turned purple and blue, but I don't think it's broken. So his finger is in a sweet splint for the next week, or until it starts to look better.











No comments: