Graduation

Today was a little bittersweet, it was Jasen's 5th Grade Graduation. Not only did Jasen receive his promotion certificate, he also earned the President's Education Award for Academic Excellence. He was one of about 10 kids in the entire 5th grade to earn it, and I am so proud of him. He is such a smart cookie, and he works really hard in school. His teacher this year, Mrs. McDowell, is so awesome! She pushed him to learn new things, to read new things, try harder, do more, be better, and to go beyond what I think he might have with someone else. She was so good for him, and I'm so happy that he had her as his teacher. We are really gonna miss her! Jasen takes pride in being in the Challenge (GATE) program, and he is really looking forward to being pushed more in a self contained challenge program, along with extra science classes, in middle school. This boy amazes me a little each day with his knowledge and understanding of things on every level, and I am beyond proud to be his mom!




No comments: