Field Trip

Hunter's class went on the Historic Downtown Meridian field trip today. We started at City Hall, got our maps to the historic sites, and set off. It's a walking field trip, so we walked all over downtown stopping at each historic place and reading about them. Then we went to the Pine Street School, which is an old, one-room school building. There are ladies that work there that do a full demonstration of how school would have been. They did a great job, and it was fun to watch the kids. After we did the schoolhouse demonstration, we headed back to City Hall for our guided tour. The kids had fun learning about the history of the city and building, and the city counsel. We followed City Hall with lunch and playtime at the park, before the kids headed back to school. I love spending time with the kids and their classes, and I'm so happy that I have the opportunity to spend as much time with them as I do.












No comments: