We have been planning on going to Vegas this weekend for a wedding, and last week we got an invite to go a day early and spend a few days on Catalina too. We jumped at the opportunity, and as soon as Jasen got done with his SAT Wednesday, we took off. We made it to Vegas around 10:30pm, then took off again at 6:30 the next morning. We scooped up Tristan from the airport in Orange County at 11am, and were on the boat heading out of the harbor by noon. We spent Thursday afternoon playing at the beach and relaxing, and that night Cahl, Mike, and the boys went out lobster fishing. They came back with some big ones that night! They even had a couple of small sharks in their nets!
Friday was super foggy all day, but that didn't stop us from spending most of the day at the beach and paddleboarding all around. The boys were also so excited to grill the lobsters they caught, and go out for more Friday night. Tristan and Jasen came back with quite a few more, and we ended the weekend with 15 lobsters in the freezer!
Saturday morning we did a little shopping, and Brinley and I went and recreated a photo of my grandma from 1944. My grandma lived on Catalina in the early 1940s with her first husband, which is part of the reason I love it there so much- I feel a bit connected to her there. We found the spot (ish) where she sat in her photo, and it was really special for Brinley to sit there too! I'm also so happy that Tristan was able to come with us this time. He loved the island, but I do wish that it hadn't been so foggy, so that he could have seen more of it.



























No comments:
Post a Comment