This year I was able to go with Cahl and the kids down to the ranch in Texas. We got in late Wednesday night, and met up with Mike, our family friends Bob, Frank and Carolina, and some cousins- Caitie and Sondra.
Thursday morning we were all up bright and early to head out to the blinds. Cahl and I had Brinley with us, and we saw a lot of deer and some turkeys at our blind, but nothing to shoot. Meanwhile, Jasen was able to shoot an Audad. After the morning hunt, and the animals were taken care of, we all scattered to hang out until the evening hunt. I had the absolute BEST time making friends with Billy the Ibex!! Cahl and I also took a ride around the ranch, checked out the old rock house, and saw tons of animals- white tail deer are everywhere, red stags, black bucks, audad, buffalo, watusi, caspien sheep, hogs, nilgai, scimitar oryx, turkeys, coyote, rabbit, armadillo, ibex, fallow deer, axis deer, and 1 fox.
Thursday evening we headed out again, this time Cahl and I took Caitie. We saw turkeys, deer and audads. We didn't shoot anything, but Frank got an axis deer and Mike got a hog.
Friday morning we were at it again in the dark, this time Cahl and I had Sondra. We had a huge herd of Audad come into our spot, and Sondra and I were both able to shoot one- our first times ever! Brinley had a great time driving the buggies, and she loved taking us on tours. That afternoon Hunter and Frank each got a turkey, and in the evening Carolina got a hog and Hunter got a big Audad!








































No comments:
Post a Comment