Marci Health Update

December came at us fast and furious, with all the typical end of year and holiday events, and I added a surgery into the mix! Overall, everything went super smoothly, and we made it through! And I'm super happy that I don't have to go back in for lab work or to see Dr H until January!

Dec 1: Despite having had a cold the week prior, and dealing with the cellulitis in my arm, both Dr's cleared me for surgery, and my hysterectomy went without a hitch. Cahl and I arrived at the surgery center at 8:45am for my 10:30 spot, and we were home by 3. My bloodwork came back good (my white count had dropped a little to 2.5, but my hemoglobin was holding steady at 10.5), so away we went. My Dr and nurses were all fantastic, and it was funny that a few of the nurses remembered us from last time!

Dec 16: Met with Dr Renner today for my 2 week post op appointment, and everything is looking good. We went over the pathology report of my uterus, and they found a small polyp as well as adenomyosis, which is what had caused the menorrhagia, even though there's no way anyone could have known that without having the surgery. I'm finally over the cold and cough I've had for almost 3 weeks, and I'm feeling great! The only sad thing is that I still have to wait a few more weeks before I can take a bath, but I can live with that. I'll see him again in a month for the final visit, and I'm looking forward to being back to a better normal!

No comments: