Monday morning we visited Christ Church before grabbing Cheesesteaks from Sonny's on our way out of town.
Cahl decided that he couldn't be that close to the ocean without putting his feet in it, so we headed even further east to Atlantic City New Jersey! We spent a few hours walking along the beach and boardwalk (and making friends with a horsehoe crab), before driving back down to DC.
The next morning Cahl's training started, so while he was off doing that, I ventured out and took a trolley tour around town. I got off and had breakfast at Union Station, then rode over to visit the Jefferson and Lincoln memorials, along with the Korean and Vietnam War memorials.
After I rode the trolley and metro back to the hotel, I met up with Cahl and his coworkers just in time for dinner. We hopped on some scooters and set out for some sightseeing. We went back to the Washington Monument, then over to Lincoln to watch the Marine Corps band play at sunset. Once it got dark, we scooted back to the hotel, and passed by the White House, which was super pretty at night.

























No comments:
Post a Comment