Grandma

My grandmother passed away this morning at the age of 84. She had a stroke about 6 1/2 years ago, and has been under constant care ever since. I received word last Friday that things weren't looking good, and so this is not a shock, but still. No matter how prepared you are for the call, it's still never easy. It never makes the news any less sad. So we'll be headed up to Idaho this weekend for the services, and a mini-reunion of sorts. I haven't seen most of my extended family for several years so that part will be nice.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am sorry for your loss. Hope the funeral and reunion goes well.

Kristin said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. It sometimes seems the only time you can get everyone together is for those occasions. Take care, we'll be thinking of you!