Ugh

Alright so, I am about 11 weeks along now and I don't even know what to think. This pregnancy has been so entirely different from all the others! I have been nauseous almost constantly for the last month, and now my nose is super sensitive. Last week at Walmart, I had to get some chicken, and as I walked through the meat isle, I was hit with a horrible wave of nausea. The smell of meat and fish was so strong, I thought I was going to throw up right there on the floor. I never did throw up, but the rest of the day was pretty well shot. Then a few days ago, Cahl let Angus in the house to pet him, and he smelled so bad I started to cry. Now, he really doesn't smell bad, he just smells like a dog, but it was way to much for me. Then today, again at Walmart, I smelled things that are packed solidly in cans and jars- like salsa, tuna, garlic in the little jars, ect. And it's not a faint smell, it's like I am holding an open jar of garlic right under my nose! Ugh! I have never had morning sickness before, and my nose has never betrayed me like this before. I am secretly convinced that this kid is spiting me for all the bad things I have ever done.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations! When are you due? I am sure I could do the math but that would require thinking :) Hopefully the morning sickness will go away soon.

Saliesh Porter said...

Oh that is not good! I do recall reading that smell can be enhanced during pregnancy...I hope it passes soon. Love your sister

Kristin said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! It must be a girl! It's about time you had some pregnancy issues. Just kidding! That is so how I feel. Sterling always says he's going to rent me out to the cops, because I have a cop dog nose, and can smell things from miles away! This pregnancy I have been the same with meat. Not only can I not walk down the meat aisle, but I've become a bit of a vegetarian. It's crazy what those little sea monkeys can do to you. Hehe!