Happy Birthday!

For Jasen's birthday today, he asked me to come and have lunch with him, so Brinley and I brought him lunch and cupcakes for his class, and hung out for a bit. It was fun, and he really loved it. For his birthday dinner, he had requested mush, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad (with extra croutons!), and root beer. For their birthday dinner I always make them whatever they want, and the combinations they choose never cease to amaze me. After dinner, he opened all his gifts. He got new clothes (Nike, his favorite!), a Weird Al cd collection, a speed cube timer, a knot tying card set, his new Boy Scout book, a Jet Boil for camping, and a new long board. He was so stoked with everything!





 
Then came dessert, and he wanted Cahl's chocolate milkshakes. I also got him a big cupcake, which he also loved and shared with everyone. I had a bit of a dumb blond moment this year, when I got out the candles for his cupcake and didn't realize until we were singing to him that I had put "10" candles on it and not 11! But everyone thought it was pretty funny, and I'm sure it will be the running joke for quite a while!
 





No comments: