I've been needing a bigger jewelry box for a while, so for about a year I've been thinking about what I want and designing things in my head. I had several ideas, but I couldn't find what I was looking for to make it happen. Then about a month ago I saw a project that a lady had done for her bathroom, and a light bulb went off in my head that what she had done was exactly what I wanted to do. So I showed the photos to Cahl and described what I had in mind, and he was off and running. I already had the mirror, so all we did was put a full sheet of wood behind it to make it a little sturdier, then we built the box and put in the shelves. We spaced the shelves by how long my necklaces were, and what I wanted to put where. I found a foam ring display, so we put that in, as well as dozens of tiny hooks for the necklaces and bracelets. Then I strung a piece of lace across the door to hang my earrings on. I still need to fin a very small container of some sort for my stud earrings, but I am beyond happy with the finished product! I love how Cahl can listen to my random ideas and thoughts, and somehow he always understands my vision and makes it happen!


No comments:
Post a Comment