Grandpa

Last night Cahl's grandpa, our beloved grandpa Del, passed away. I felt like I had been kicked in the chest when I found out. Cahl's grandparents have been my own for the last 8 years, and they have taken me in and treated me as one of their own always. Cahl and I and our boys have been very close to his grandparents since we moved here almost 5 years ago. I have been thankful every single day that my kids have able to spend so much time with them and get to know them so well. It was very difficult to lose Grandma Betty in April, and now to lose Grandpa Del too. I knew he wouldn't make it very long, but it still hurts all the same. I have been hoping and praying that he would be able to see my new daughter in the spring, but I know how much he already loved her, and how happy she made him. I take comfort in knowing that he is not hurting anymore, and he is gone to see his Betty Lou.

My very favorite photo of Grandpa, taken about 2 months ago

No comments: