We decided to take the kids out for Family Fun Day one Saturday last month. We had been wanting to take them to the Atomic Testing Museum for quite a while, so when I found some super cheap tickets online, I jumped on them. The museum basically chronicles the test site- why and when it was made, what they did out there, some things anyway! ;) and stuff like that. Cahl's grandpa Del worked out at the test site for many many years, as well as Cahl's mom, dad, and an uncle at various times. The boys were really excited to go, and it was really neat to see what Grandpa did. During the building of the museum, people could buy a sponsorship brick, and grandpa and Cahl's uncle both bought one, so the boys were also pretty excited to find those. You're not allowed to take any photos inside, so we were pretty relieved to find that the bricks are outside!
The boys sitting around Grandpa's brick
Grandpa's brick
Uncle Dan's brick
After the museum, we went to lunch and then on to miniature golf! There is a place here that is indoor, and all under black lights. So it's pretty cool. I was hoping the pictures would show how it looked with the lights, but they just came out regular. We didn't keep score, but the boys all had a great time!
After mini golf, we hit the bowling lanes! We played 2 rounds, and we all had a lot of fun. Well, except Tristan who pouted because we wouldn't let him bowl with bumpers up. And he did just fine without them! Jasen did amazing! He bowls both right and left handed, and he came in second place! Hunter had a grand time! This was his first time bowling, and Cahl helped him use the little ramp thing, and he also insisted on doing it without a few times. Personally, I like to think of bowling like golf- the lower your score the better. So in my book I rocked!! But of course, I lost miserably! But I don't mind. As long as your having fun right??
Wow! I actually hit one!!
Cahl helping Hunter
Check out Jasen's form! Pro in training!
No comments:
Post a Comment