Swimming Lessons

After we got back from Idaho in July, the boys began swimming lessons. Even though we don't have a pool, swimming lessons are something that we have had the boys doing every summer for the last 5 years. I just really believe that no matter how often you swim, you should know how. Lessons here are given in 2 week sessions. I was able to sign Tristan and Jasen up for 3 sessions (6 weeks) and Hunter up for 2 sessions (4 weeks).

Tristan has been in lessons every year since he was 4. Tristan started in level 3, and he passed after the first session. Since lessons only go to level 4, and they don't offer level 4 at our pool, we decided that he could be done with lessons now. He really is a good swimmer, and I don't worry too much about him.

Jasen has been in lessons since he was 3. This year Jasen started in level 2. He passed level 2 after the second session. So his last session was in level 3, and he also passed that! I do feel pretty confident in his abilities, but I think maybe next year he'll do level 3 one more time just as a reminder course.






Hunter has never been in lessons before. So he started in the very beginner class- preschool level 1, which is for 3-5 year olds who have never had any lessons before. Hunter loves the water, but before lessons he was also pretty skittish in the pool. He always wore floaties, and never liked to come off the steps. Now, after lessons, he's doing great. He loves to hold onto the side of the pool and kick, blow bubbles in the water, wade out and get a ring. After 2 sessions, Hunter passed! I am so proud of him! He is much more comfortable in the water, and even lets us hold him to float and practice his kicks and arms. So swimming lessons are done for us this summer. But it was fun and the boys all did great! I am proud of each one of them for passing their classes.

No comments: