The next morning after we reluctantly checked out of Casa Thorn, we drove up toward Key Largo to do some snorkeling. We got on the boat and headed 7 miles out to the reef. By the time we got out to where we going to be, Cahl was throwing up over the side of the boat. Not really a good sign considering we had both taken Dramamine beforehand. But we got our gear and got in. At first I was kind of paralyzed and didn't want to put my face down. So Cahl dragged me along while he snorkeled and I just bobbed along behind him. Finally I stuck my face down, and it was super cool. The coral is so beautiful, and it was really cool to have the fish swimming all around you. Then suddenly Cahl and I both threw up. Again. Right in the water. Ugh. I guess all that bobbing really isn't cool for someone like me who gets motion sick easily anyway.



Once we started snorkeling again, we looked down and saw a huge Barracuda right below us. I nearly had a heart attack, but it thankfully he didn't come any closer.
My awesome underwater self portrait:
When the trip was over, we made it back to shore without too much more sea sickness. It was definitely a fun experience and one that I'm glad we did.
No comments:
Post a Comment