Salmon Trip

We got back from Salmon today. We left Vegas last Wednesday night at 9pm, and got to Salmon Thursday morning at 9am. The drive usually goes by pretty fast. The boys sleep most of the way, and we only stop 3-4 times for the restroom and so Buddy could run for a bit.

Thursday night was the Playdays out at the fairgrounds. They did horse races first, and then did the kid events. Tristan and Jasen both ran in the stick horse race. Tristan won last year, but this year he was second place. Then came the greased pig chase. Tristan got close a few times, but didn't catch him. He was disappointed, because he said he was really looking forward to the bacon!

Jasen in the middle, with his horse

Tristan on the far right side

All the kids lined up ready for the stick horse race


Friday we took the boys and Buddy down to the river to wade and play. They met a little girl there, so together they started to build a dam. Buddy had a great time running around, and Hunter even put his feet in and played with the rocks.

The boys building a dam

Saturday was the Demo Derby. Unfortunately I forgot my camera in the car, but the boys all had a great time. Tristan got to meet a friend of ours who is an MMA fighter. Tristan has seen his photos in the newspaper, and thought it was pretty awesome that Cahl and I are friends with him. So when we saw him at the Derby, I introduced Tristan and he was excited. Cahl did not do the balloon bop this year, but it was still a good night. The boys even saw Grandpa Jim, and he gave them some Derby t- shirts.
Sunday Cahl and a bunch of friends went and floated the river. So while he did that, the boys and I went over to my friend Gabrielle's parents' house and rode one of her dad's horses named Cowboy. Hunter was so happy the whole time he was up there. I gave him a rope to hold and he had a great time. Tristan and Jasen both did really well. They picked up how to get him to go and stop and turn right away. I am very proud of them for doing so well.

Tristan helping Gabrielle tack up the horse

Hunter and I taking a ride

Tristan riding around

Jasen's turn
Monday we went for a family drive up around the back mountain roads to see a few lakes. We took Buddy and he had so much fun chasing the cows that we found. Tristan even caught a frog. Then we stopped by my favorite picnic area and the boys ran around and figured out how to use the old fashioned water pump.
Walking down to the lake

Wallace Lake

Tristan's frog

Tristan, Jasen and I at my favorite spot

Buddy chasing a cow. He's quite the cowdog!

The boys working the water pump

No comments: