Car

Well, we got ourselves a new car! We have been talking about getting a bigger vehicle for quite a while now, and finally found the perfect one.

Ta-Da:

It is a 2005 Ford Excursion. It is SO roomy and comfortable! I realize that it might seem a little excessive to some, and so I feel the need to say a few things. Sure, it doesn't have the highest fuel efficiency. But due to the size of our family, there is NO WAY we'll ever drive a really fuel efficient car comfortably. At least not until the boys are driving themselves around. And yes, I know mini vans get better gas mileage and they have plenty of seating, but let me share a little secret. Ever since I can remember, I have always hated mini vans. I have no idea why. My parents never drove one. But I always had a horrible distaste for them. And I still do. I refuse to drive one. Now, another reason for us choosing this vehicle is the fact that we traded in Cahl's truck for it. So we wanted to replace the truck with something comparable, and so it needed 4 wheel drive, a high towing capacity, and lots of cargo room. We decided not to get another truck because the cab is just getting too uncomfortable for all of us to ride in, especially if the dog comes with us! Keep in mind, this is not going to be my every day, around town car. We still have the Trailblazer for that. But I really do think that this vehicle is going to be so nice for us to take on trips. It will fit all of us, and everything we want to take, without folding seats down and rearranging kids, and also have room for the dog.

So, all in all, we are stoked about the new car! I can't wait to take it to Salmon next month! And thank you for allowing me to rant a little, but like I said, I felt the need to clarify a few things.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very nice! I actually love my ugly mini van. The sliding doors sold me!