And more projects!

So this afternoon Cahl and I were just sitting around talking about the stuff that we still want and need to do around the house, when I happened to mention that I wanted to get the office closet cleaned out. We just use it for storage, but since there is only one shelf in it, everything is just piled up on itself and it's a mess. Definitely the place we stuff things that we don't want left out for everyone to see! Long story short, Cahl and I decided to empty out both the office closet and the little coat closet in the front room and organize them. Cahl then decided to build custom shelving units in both closets, and off he went to Lowe's to get the stuff. While he was gone, I emptied out the closets and began sorting all the crap. Once he got home, he went to work. After he was done installing all the new shelves, it was my turn to go in and put everything away. I am so happy with the results. In the office closet, we now have Cahl's gun safe and more than enough room for all the ammo and cases, I have my scrapbooking stuff, and a sewing shelf, all our wrapping paper and gift bags, some extra kitchen stuff that is odd shaped and doesn't fit in the kitchen cabinets, and some other random office stuff. And the best part is, we still have 3 empty shelves! In the front closet, we took out the original shelf, and replaced it with 3 shelves. And now I finally have somewhere to park my vacuum so it's not sitting out! Plus only one of those shelves is full, so we have plenty of room for the future. We have a small pile of stuff to move into the garage, but I am beyond happy that we are now organized and everything finally has a place to go!

No comments: