So, I have been super busy making lists of projects that I want to get done in the next few months. Anybody who knows me well knows that I live by lists. I typically have no less than 3 or 4 lists going at any given time, in addition to my regular calender. Well, a few weeks ago I made a to-do list of things I wanted to try and have done before the baby comes. Since we had a free weekend to be home with nothing to do last weekend, I picked 10 things from my list I wanted to get done. And I am so proud of myself, because I got 9 of them done! Here's a run down of what we did:
1. Painting the office. When we bought our house, we had the entire inside painted before we moved in, with the exception of the boys' rooms. Well, for whatever reason, the painters didn't do the office (I think because it is also a bedroom), and we just didn't care enough to do it. Until now. So, the weekend before last, we started painting it, and this weekend we got it done. Yay! It matches the rest of the house now!
2. This month, Cahl's family has been moving everything out of his grandparents house. All the kids and grand kids were able to go and get what they wanted- furniture, knick knacks, ect. So we ended up with several pieces of furniture and lots of other little things, and one thing we got was a big bookcase. We already had a big bookcase and a smaller one in our office, and they were both full. So we sold our small one, and replaced it with the new bigger one. And they were both a little haphazard. Since I am a bit of an organizational freak, one of the things I wanted to do was completely reorganize both bookcases. So I did. And they look awesome!
3. Also in regards to the office, I wanted to frame and hang up Cahl's second diploma. So Friday night we took a family field trip to Target and I got a frame that matches his other one. And once the office was painted and put back together, we hung up both diplomas. I'm so proud.
4 and 5. Once the office got done, we moved on to the upstairs, were I touched up the paint in Jasen and Hunter's room, and we repaired some wallpaper that Hunter had pulled down. There is still a small section missing, but once I order another roll of wallpaper that will be done too.
6 and 7. Going along with getting new furniture, we rearranged our living and front rooms. About a month ago, we set up a small entertainment area in the front room for the boys to have a tv with their games and movies. We got a small love seat from Cahl's grandparents and so that went into the front room for the boys, along with an end table. In the living room, we put in some coffee and end tables, and rearranged the set up of the couches and chair. So now those 2 rooms are done, and I am pretty happy with them.
8. Cahl and I have a had a chest style deep freeze for several years now, and about 2 years ago when we moved into this house, we decided that we would rather have a stand up freezer instead. We wanted to sell ours and buy a used one, but it hasn't been a priority so it never got done. Well, what do you know? We got a nice big stand up freezer from Cahl's grandparents! So Cahl gave our freezer to his cousin. Unfortunately, it's still in the garage since his cousin lives in Utah. But at least it has a final destination, and we can put our new freezer to work!
9. This was pretty simple- getting back a pair of snow pants that we had loaned to some friends a month ago. I just like to keep all of our winter stuff organized, so I wanted to get those back and put away before I forgot about them. And it's done now!
So that has been what we have been up to the last few weekends. I think the kick start to all of this was getting all the stuff from Cahl's grandparents. We didn't want to leave it all in the garage, and so it was a good time for us to start getting all this stuff done. Now I only have 10 things left! (for now at least!)
No comments:
Post a Comment