Tristan

Our favorite Tristan turned 9 today. Wow, time really does fly when you're having fun!

Here are my 9 favorite things about Tristan:

1. He is everyone's friend. He makes friends easily and fits in everywhere we go. And he makes friends with kids of all ages, younger and older.

2. He is such a big helper. He always impresses me with his willingness to help out, even though he doesn't always like what has to be done. Every teacher he has ever had has always commented on how helpful he is.

3. He is a great Cub Scout. He has been nothing but excited about scouts since he started. He loves to go through his book and pick out all the projects that he can do. He is also the only Wolf I know that got his Bobcat in 2 weeks, his Wolf in 6 months, and finished his entire book in less than a year. He has also worked on several extra awards.

4. Tristan loves to be outdoors. He loves camping, sledding, fourwheeling, hunting, fishing, you name it. And I love that he enjoys it. I would rather he be outside than playing video games all the time.

5. Tristan is a great brother. That's not to say that he and his brothers don't fight a lot, but he is always there to help them if they need it. He helps Jasen with wrestling and football, he reads to Hunter. He really watches out for them.

6. He loves music. He is always singing in the car, and he asks me about different bands and singers a lot. I love that he loves it.

7. Tristan loves going to church. He has learned so much, and takes it very seriously. Sometimes I hear him and Jasen having discussions, and it makes me smile to myself. I realize that he is retaining so much, and I am so proud of him.

8. He is a good athlete. He has played just about every sport, and he enjoys them. And he always finishes what he starts, he has never quit a team during the season before.

9. Tristan is really funny. He is always cracking jokes and laughing. And his laugh is contagious. He laughs really loud and so we're always laughing at him laughing!




1 comment:

The Hendrix Family said...

Happy Birthday Tristan! He is getting soo big. So happy to see that you and your family are doing soo well.