Wrestling Tournament

Today's tournament was hosted by our team- Team Vegas. Cahl went down Friday night to help move and set up the mats, and I was there bright and early this morning to help set up the trophy table and run the concession stand. After my shift was done, I was free to watch the tournament, which was really neat. Our head coach really knows how to put on a good show, and he went all out! There was a big archway with a fog machine for the teams to run through during the parade of teams, a Junior ROTC color guard presented the flags, and we had a singer perform the National Anthem. There were nearly 400 kids there, from 25 different teams, and 3 teams even came from out of state. Tristan had 9 kids in his bracket, and he did not place this weekend. Jasen had 23 kids in his bracket, which is the most I have ever seen before in one bracket! He had 3 matches- he won 1 and lost 2, so he did not place this weekend either. I think they are both a little discouraged this season, but we put more emphasis on doing your best than on winning a medal. I definitely see Jasen making a lot of improvement. Tristan is still struggling a little. I know that he would do a lot better if he was able to lose 5 pounds and wrestle at a lower weight, but I have no intention of having him do that. I don't want weight to be an issue for any of my kids. They are not overweight, and they are perfectly healthy as they are. The last thing I want is for them to start having food and weight issues at this young of an age. I know that if that starts now, it is a battle they will have their entire life. So we let them eat what they want, and they weigh in at whatever they are. And it is so much better this way.

Tristan on top

Jasen on top

That's Jasen getting picked up!

No comments: