The first morning, we headed north toward Crescent City. We pulled over along the way, in disbelief, when we came upon a herd of Roosevelt elk nestled down in a little field right next to the highway. It was so cool to see so many of them together, so close to us and completely uncaring that we were there.
Patrick's Point
The next stop on our trip was Redwood Natl. Forest, in northern Cali. We stayed at the coolest campground ever, Patrick's Point, right on the coast and in the middle of the trees. The weather there really threw me off, since I always equate beach and ocean with sun and warm. But I quickly learned that Nor Cal is actually pretty chilly and totally foggy almost all the time, even in late July! The first night there, Cahl and I went on a walk at sunset, and it was so beautiful. The trees and plants, ocean and sun light, were so incredible. I think it the weather there was about 20 degrees warmer, I would pack up and move there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment