Wrestling Tournament

The boys' first wrestling tournament was today. Holy crap! There were A LOT of kids there, over 400. It was my first wrestling tournament, and it was pretty cool to watch. We got there at 8 this morning and we didn't leave until 4 this afternoon. Jasen and Tristan are in different age and weight classes, but they wrestled on the same mat, just different sides. Which was really nice for me that I could see both of them without having to move. One of Tristan's good friends was there also, and he was on the same mat as well. So I was really happy that I could watch him too. I couldn't get very good pictures of them on the mats, whenever I would zoom in, they turned out dark. I did video all their matches, so hopefully I will get those put up on YouTube soon. But these are of them getting ready to come out to the mats with their team:

Jasen, in the white shoes

Tristan, second from the right

Jasen had his first match and won, and as soon as it was over, he threw up. I don't know if it was nerves or excitement or what. So that was his only match. But since there were only 4 kids in his group and he won, he ended up in second place at the end. He even got a silver medal!
Tristan won his first match, he smoked the kid. The kid never got him down once. So then Tristan went on to his final round, and he and the kid went back and forth. The other kid won the first point, then Tristan won the second. But the other kid won the third point, and so he won the match. So Tristan also came away with second place in his group. He also got a silver medal.
Tristan's friend Alexander won all 4 of his matches and came away with a first place medal! Which is really cool, because he is also new at wrestling and this is also his first tournament. He is such an awesome kid, and we are so proud of him.
So over all it was a good time. A really good learning experience for us all, and now we have a better idea what to expect next time.
Hunter, about 3 hours past naptime

No comments: